1. Homeless memorial service: The Church on the Hill, at 140 Bowdoin St., will host the Homeless Person’s Interfaith Memorial Service Friday at noon. The service is part of a national, annual event dedicated towards honoring the lives lost within the homeless community. The sanction will light a candle for every life lost throughout the year. A reception of refreshments will immediately follow the one hour service, and is graciously offered to all.
2. Building Boston: The Boston Public Library’s current citywide programming initiative is called Building Boston, a celebration of public spaces – the architectural and cultural cornerstones that make Boston the city it is. Building Boston includes programs, lectures, special tours, and five unique exhibitions at the Central Library in Copley Square.
3. Voting is on for Boston-wide contest: Today is the last day to vote for your favorite business in Boston’s Deck the Windows holiday decoration contest. See a list of finalists and vote on the city website. The winner will be announced on Thursday.
4. Volunteers needed: The American Liver Foundation is seeking volunteers who will run the 2013 Boston Marathon as part of their team. This year will mark the 25th year participating as a charity partner of the Boston Marathon. See here for information on joining the team.
5. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting today will be rainy and cloudy with a high near 50 degrees.