1. Photo exhibit opening: The Boston Center for Adult Education is hosting a free reception Friday from 6 to 7:30 p.m. to celebrate the launch of "The Road Show," a new exhibit featuring the work of Cambridge-based photographer Mikki Ansin. Best-known for her behind-the-scenes stills of Hollywood films, Ansin has travelled the world as a photojournalist for over 40 years. "The Road Show" exhibits her travels to China, Russia, Turkey, Morocco, Italy and France. The exihbit will be on display through March.
2. New Athenaeum director: Robert L. West has been appointed Director of Development at the Boston Athenæum. West holds B.S. and M.B.A. degrees from Boston’s Suﬀolk University and has worked for more than three decades in college university development and capital campaigns at Roger Williams, Marist College, the State University of New York (Empire State College Foundation), and Suﬀolk University.
3. Vendor application: Interested in becoming a vendor at the City Hall or Dewey Square Farmers Market? Download an application here: 2013 BPMA Market Application.
4. Grief support: Beacon Hospice is offering a free grief support group on Wednesdays in January for people in their 20s and 30s who are dealing with the death of a parent, grandparent, sibling, partner or other loved one. The group will meet from 6:30-8 p.m. at Beacon Hospice, 529 Main St., Suite 101, Charlestown. Registration is required; for information or to sign up, contact Diane Christopherson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 857-294-0052.
5. Early morning snow: The snow should stop in the late morning, giving way to partly cloudy skies, and warm up to 37 degrees. Could be slushy.