1. Weather: A chance of thunderstorms possible before noon and a high near 75. But Saturday will beautiful, with a high sun and a high of 85. Sunday and Monday maintain temperatures in the mid-70's, with a chance of rain.
2. Matt Spencer, who's worked at for past two years and was promoted to the sous chef there, is now moving to the , which opened last summer. He also worked at Clio, is a native Bostonian, and got his start working at a Disney resort. At the Brahmin, Spencer will plans to use quality ingredients for approachable dishes.
“In creating the new menu at the Brahmin, my goal was to appeal to our guests by offering a wide variety of choices. Guests will find the same, top-notch ingredients that are used in gourmet restaurants but the dishes at the Brahmin are presented with a comfort that comes with dining in a bar setting.”
3. Brian Poe, the chef behind , plans to open another restaurant called the Tip Tap Room on Beacon Hill. True to it's name, it will feature inventive 'tips' and a great selection beers on 'tap.' The restaurant will open in mid-June on Cambridge Street.
4. In case you forgot, the . And seeing as it's supposed to be 85 on Saturday...not a bad way to spend the weekend.
5. Have a great Memorial Day, and enjoy your three-day weekend!