1. Toy donations at Towne: Toys for Tots will be collecting new, unwrapped toys for children in the greater Boston area , 900 Boylston St., from 6 to 8 p.m. as the restaurant serves cocktails and complimentary hors d'oeuvres.
2. Car share: Mint Cars On-Demand car-sharing vehicles in more than 20 neighborhood locations, they will now be replaced by Enterprise CarShare vehicles. Enterprise is increasing and upgrading its local fleet and adding several new locations including the Prudential Center.
3. Upcoming craft fair: The annual Craftboston Holiday show is coming back to the South End this weekend. Held at The Cyclorama at The Boston Center for the Arts (539 Tremont St.), the show features more than 90 artists, all selling unique, one-of-a- kind and limited edition pieces in ceramics, decorative fiber, wearables, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper, and wood. See here for more information.
4. City Council meeting: Boston City Council will meet today at noon on the fifth floor of City Hall. See the full agenda on the city website. All meetings are open to the public and can also be viewed on Comcast Channel 51 and on webcast.
5. Rainy: Showers are likely today, mainly before noon, according to the National Weather Service. The high will be around 57 degrees and the low around 25.
Want the day's headlines delivered straight to your inbox? Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.