1. Partly Sunny: The National Weather Service predicts a partly sunny day on Tuesday with a high near 77 degrees. There is a slight chance of rain after 1 p.m. The evening will cloud over and cool off to about 65 degrees.
2. Sen. Brownsberger Office Hours August 21: today from 7 to 8 p.m. at the Starbucks at 755 Boylston Street between Fairfield and Exeter. All are welcome to visit Senator Brownsberger during this time to discuss issues, ask for help in dealing with state agencies, or talk about any other topic of concern.
3. Boston Children’s Festival: Families, bring your kids down to The Playstead in JP's Franklin Park from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. for the Boston Children's Festival. Enjoy face painting, arts and crafts, games, a magic show, a puppet show and plenty more. This is a free event.
4. Using Career Transitions for Your Job Search: The Boston Public Library wants to help you get that job you want. They are offering a free course on job searching by title, keyword and location. This can also be used to search for internships, apprenticeships and temp jobs. The course runs from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. at the Central Library in Copley Square.
5. Web Start Women: Web Start Women is an organization devoted to bringing more women into web design and development. They are hosting a Photoshop and web design class on the 14th floor of the Cambridge Innovation Center today at 6:15 p.m. Bring: a photo ID, your laptop, and $50.