Veterans Day is observed on Friday, November 11. Here's a handy list of what's open (and closed) during the holiday:
- Retail stores: Open at owner's discretion.
- Supermarkets, liquor stores and convenience stores: Open.
- Bars and restaurants: Open.
- Stock market: Open.
- Municipal, state, federal offices and banks: Closed.
- Libraries and schools: Closed.
- Post office: Closed.
- MBTA: Subway, commuter rail and bus service will run on a regular weekday schedule.
- Trash/Recycling: Not affected in the Back Bay.