1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a warm sunny day with a high of 81 degrees. The evening will be clear and cool off to about 62 degrees.
2. Author Talk with Thomas J. Foley and Moderator Dick Lehr: Thomas J. Foley, author of Most Wanted talks about the capture of James “Whitey” Bulger at the central branch of the Boston Public Library in Copley Square from 6 to 7 p.m. tonight.
3. BPL “Get Carded” Campaign: The Boston Public Library launched a new “Get Carded”campaign, in honor of Library Card Sign-up Month. The campaign encourages current library card holders to share a picture of themselves with their Boston Public Library card or a picture of their Boston Public Library card in action via Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #BPLgetcarded.
4. Connecting for Justice: Meet like-minded progressives at the Lir Irish Pub (903 Boylston St.) from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Socializing for Justice event. A donation of $5-$20 is collected at the door, and includes a raffle ticket and complimentary appetizers.
5. No Room For Wishing: This play follows Occupy Boston from its formation, through clashes with the police, infighting among the activists, legal battles and collective victories, to its eviction by the City of Boston. This event starts at 7:30 p.m. at the Boston Center for the Arts Plaza Black Box Theater (539 Tremont St.)