321 Comm Ave. Fire Causes $100,000 in Damage

Smoke was pouring from the 5-story brownstone around 9:30 a.m.

A one-alarm fire that broke out around 9:30 a.m. caused about $100,000 worth of damage at 321 Commonwealth Ave.

Smoke was showing from the five-story brick brownstone, and the fire was confined to one apartment on the second floor, the Boston Fire Department tweeted.  Firefighters determined it was caused by an electrical short circuit in the kitchen.

The first floor apartment had about a 3x8 foot peice of ceiling collapse from water damage on the second floor (and the apartements have 12 foot high ceilings.) There was also significant smoke damage throughout the building.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »