A one-alarm fire that broke out around 9:30 a.m. caused about $100,000 worth of damage at 321 Commonwealth Ave.
Smoke was showing from the five-story brick brownstone, and the fire was confined to one apartment on the second floor, the Boston Fire Department tweeted. Firefighters determined it was caused by an electrical short circuit in the kitchen.
The first floor apartment had about a 3x8 foot peice of ceiling collapse from water damage on the second floor (and the apartements have 12 foot high ceilings.) There was also significant smoke damage throughout the building.