The Boston Fire Department evacuated the ballroom at the Huntington Avenue Marriott Sunday morning. The move was made after five individuals reported feeling ill after being in the space, according to public safety radio transmissions.
Boston EMS said the five had minor injuries. Firefighters are trying to determine whether there was something in the ballroom to cause the illnesses.
Boston Fire and EMS did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment.
This is a developing story. Scanner transmissions are not confirmation of an incident.