.

Update: Fire Caused by Unattended Stove in Basement

Two people were rescued and a man on the third floor was taken to Tufts Medical Center for smoke inhalation.

Update: The fire was caused by an unattended stove in a basement studio apartment. Officials are looking into possible code violations.

***

Two people were rescued from a two-alarm fire that started in the basement of a four-story apartment building on 197 Marlborough Street. 

Firefighters used ladders to pull a person on the second floor and a man on the third floor through the windows to safety. The third-floor man has been taken to Tufts Medical Center for smoke inhalation.

The call came in at 7:21 p.m. and the fire traveled from the basement to the upper floors. It's under control as of 8:35, and firefighters are working to put it out.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

BackBayRes December 07, 2011 at 03:08 PM
Thank you, Back Bay Patch, for reporting this so quickly last night and for updating on the cause.
Tori Blackhart December 07, 2011 at 05:09 PM
All of us at the Christian Science Reading Room are so grateful everyone is safe! Thank you Back Bay Patch for staying on top of what's going on!

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something