Currently, garbage trucks collecting trash in the middle of the night cause a great disturbance to residents throughout Boston, and the City Council will hold a hearing Monday at 5:30 p.m. about regulating commercial trash pick-up times.
While the City of Boston has the authority to regulate timing of residential trash collection, the city does not have the same authority on commercial trash collection.
To remedy this, City Councilors Mike Ross (District 8) and Felix Arroyo (At-Large) have been working collaboratively with State Representatives Marty Walz and Aaron Michlewitz to pass a Home Rule Petition to allow City regulation of commercial trash collection.
Speakers include, but are not limited to:
- City of Boston Officials
- Neighborhood Association Representatives
- Affected Boston Residents
If You Go:
- WHAT: Hearing on Commercial Trash Collection Timing
- WHEN: Monday, February 27, 2012, 5:30 p.m.
- WHERE: Boston City Hall, 5th floor, Iannella Chamber