In the last few days, Walsh has named Daniel Arrig Koh as chief of staff, William Evans as police commissioner and Felix Arroyo as Health and Human Services chief. On Tuesday, Walsh also made the following appointments:
- Eugene O'Fleherty as corporation Counsel. Flaherty served as state representative for Charlestown and Chelsea. His coming departure from elected office has not gone unnoticed. Charlestown's Chris Remmes has already announced he will seek the district's seat in the legislature.
- Joyce Linehan as Police Director. Linehan, a prominent campaign staffer and public relations guru, had previously worked in a similar role for the Walsh campaign.
- Joseph Rull as chief of operations. Rull worked in both city hall and the state house before joining Walsh's campaign.
- Trinh Nguyen as interim Jobs and Community Service director. Nguyen recently served as the Boston Housing Authority's chief of staff.
- Keith Williams as interim Small & Local Business enterprise director. Williams is the current Neighborhood Services associate director.
- Alejandra St. Guillen as interim Office of New Bostonians director. St. Guillen is the current executive director of Latino advocacy group Oiste.