The first round of kindergarten registration for Boston Public Schools opened Thursday and will run through Feb. 1.
Families may register for grades 6 and 9 as well as kindergarten, according to an email notice sent out by Danielle Gantt, Coordinator of Community Partnerships for Children with Boston Public Schools.
Families are encouraged to sign up during this period and can do so by visiting a Family Resource Center on a specific date tied to the first letter of their last name:
- Current ABCD Head Start program families—Jan. 3-4
- Parent’s last name begins A-G—Jan. 7-11
- Parent’s last name begins H-Q—Jan. 14-18
- Parent’s last name begins R-Z—Jan. 22-25
- Open to all—Jan. 28—Feb. 1
Attending registration on your specific date will help minimize wait times.
In addition, the East Zone Family Resource Center will be open on Saturday mornings, Jan. 12 and 26, to serve all families.
Below are the Family Resource Center locations where families can register:
- East Zone FRC, 1216 Dorchester Ave., Dorchester
- North Zone FRC, 75 Malcolm X Blvd., Roxbury
- West Zone FRC, 515 Hyde Park Ave., Roslindale
- East Boston Satellite Registration Center, 312 Border St., East Boston
Please note: The registration system is not first come, first served. Families that register early in the first round will receive the same opportunities as those who register later in the first round. All information is collected after the round closes. However, it is recommended that parents register at some point during the first round to ensure a spot.
For more information about kindergarten registration, including required documents, registration locations and times, visit bostonpublicschools.org/register.