Boston Center for Adult Education
Boston Center for Adult Education was founded by Dorothy Hewitt as a place where both women and men can gather to discuss a variety of topics and learn from each other for "the sheer pleasure of doing so." BCAE classes range in topics from the arts to physical health. It reserves the right to cancel classes in short notice, but it would refund up to 50-percent of tuition.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ground-level entrance
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1933
- Buy tickets online [link]: www.bcae.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=1010
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: No
- How engaged is the school with the community?: "Whether serving as a site for volunteer wartime efforts in the 1940s, a haven for social policy debate in the 1960s, or a resource for personal and professional growth...in the new millennium, the BCAE meets the challenges of a thriving urban community."