Cafe 939 is a Berklee College of Music student-run coffeehouse. The shop is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner and offers live music and performances including styles such as rock, jazz, hip-hop, electronica, and avant-garde.
Coffee specialties include mocha, lattes, cappuccinos and espressos as well as chai and hot tea. The shop also offers sandwiches and breakfast goods including bagels, scones, and danishes.
The café showcases talent from local areas as well as Berklee student performers. The location has a 200-capacity concert space, PA and lighting systems, video and DVD capabilities, and flexible seating. Berklee students also work as ushers, box office clerks, and stage crew.
- Hours: Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri, 7:30am - 11pm; Tue, 7:30am - 1pm; Sat, 10:30am - 11pm; Sun, 10:30am - 9pm
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Natural, Sugar-free
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Menu link: www.cafe939.com/about/cafe939menu.pdf
- Specialties: Pastries, coffee, breakfast foods
- Music specialties: Blues, Classical, Jazz, Latin, Rock