Occupying the corner of Newbury and Gloucester Streets since 2007, Cafeteria serves its special brand of American Comfort food to large, enthusiastic crowds every day of the week. The approach is like the name and very simple. Mac 'n' cheese and a classic hamburger are what Cafeteria's best known for, and with, one of the largest outdoor seating areas in the neighborhood, Cafeteria can easily accommodate large groups inside or outside. The interior has two floors of dining space with the upstairs featuring large picture windows overlooking Newbury Street. Cafeteria is also well-known for its weekend brunch.
- Fax: 617-536-2234
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 11am - 1am; Sat - Sun, 9am - 1am
- Handicap Accessible: Outdoor seating is at street level, but patio closed in winter.
- Founding Date: December 2007
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: American comfort food
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.cafeteriaboston.com/
- Specialties: Mac 'n' cheese, burgers, weekend brunch
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Valet
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: "The great mix of people and the historic atmosphere."
- Cuisine: American
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Suggested
- Executive chef: Michael Navarrete
- Number of tables: 57
- Features: Brunch, Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night, Singles scene
- Dress code: none