Stemming from vocational roots, Fisher College offers a wide range of bachelor degrees, associate degrees and medical certificate programs.
The small school contains about 700 traditional-aged undergraduates and 650 continuing education students. Through both classroom and online teaching, students benefit from individual attention and challenging academics.
The college has grown significantly since being approved as a two-year institution in 1952. In 1970 it received accreditation from the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. Five years later it established the Division of Continuing Education, with branches in Boston, North Attleborough and New Bedford. The Fisher Online division, created in 1998, serves students from across the U.S. and world.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1903
- Number of students: 1,400
- Male-to-female ratio: 60 females to 40 males
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Acceptance rate (%): 60
- Graduation rate (%): 37
- Accreditation/licenses: New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 7:1
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Number of faculty: 103
- Degrees: Professional, Undergraduate
- Programs: Distance learning, Evening, Part-time, Study abroad, Summer studies
- Campus housing: Yes
- Sports teams: Baseball, softball, men and women's basketball, men and women's soccer, cheerleading