Clean, friendly and professional, Gentlemen's Choice is a popular upscale barbershop for men and women. It is routinely booked up, and it's no surprise. Its dark green, leather sofas and magazines, its abstract expressionist decor and portrait of Bart Forbes, the jovial, relaxed attitude of the owner (who acts as receptionist, too), combine to create an exciting and inviting atmosphere. If you've always thought of hair salons as feminine establishments, Gentlemen's Choice is sure to change your mind. It is located on the first floor of sprawling, palatial 222 Berkeley St. Take note that the building doesn't list retail establishments on its touch-screen directory -- but ask the guards or concierges and they'll happily point the way.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance to 222 Berkeley St. is level with the street, and Gentlemans Choice is on the ground floor.
- Founding Date: 1997
- Payments accepted: Cash
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Gift certificates: Yes
- Appointments: Appointment suggested
- Specials/Packages: As a kind of "welcome basket," employees of new companies in the area are invited for a limited time to receive discounted haircuts.
- Private events: No
- Hair Services: Color, Highlights/lowlights, Shave
- Hair Specialties: Men
- If you could only give one tip to customers to maintain healthy hair, what would it be?: "Get your hair cut often -- make sure to get all the split, dead ends off or else it won't grow healthily."