Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay
A volunteer organization, the Neighborhood Association of the Back Bay (NABB) is highly involved in the everyday issues residents care about -- from graffiti, to bike lanes, to new buildings and developments in the neighborhood.
With more than 2,000 members, a 50-member board of directors and a 13-member executive committee, the neighborhood association also takes positions on city decisions and projects, and acts as a voice for Back Bay residents. Members also host a variety of social and charity events, including the Alley Rally where volunteers clean up city streets, and the annual Taste of Back Bay fundraiser every spring.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 9am - 5pm.
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1955
- What makes this community special?: It's a home. It's a place to work. It's a tourist destination. You live, work and play here.
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Mission: "NABB's purpose is to combat community deterioration, to preserve and protect the architectural beauty of the Back Bay, and to further Back Bay's residential character."
- Annual dues: $35 - $1,000
- Meetings: Monthly