Poe's Kitchen at The Rattlesnake
Nowhere is bar-scene fun and gourmet finery combined with greater success than at Poe's Kitchen at the Rattlesnake. Executive chef Brian Poe partnered with the Rattlesnake in January 2009, bringing his enormous erudition, experience and culinary expertise to the location. "Poe's Kitchen" draws from his extensive travels across the hemisphere (from Georgia to Chile, from Arizona to Argentina, from Brazil to California) to create exciting, original fare right here in Back Bay. The Rattlesnake has something for every mood — an enormous, copiously stocked bar (with sporting events throbbing silently on its televisions), a roof deck (which offers fabulous views of the surrounding area and a quiet, romantic vibe) and, most exciting of all, a private "Venom Room" with space for up to 100 patrons. One look at the menu proves the success of Poe's mission — to bring culinary excellence "without sacrificing this fun, laid-back environment." Throw in the late-night dancing and deejays, and what more could one want?
- Fax: 617-859-5884
- Hours: Daily, 11:30am - 2am. Kitchen closes at 1am nightly.
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is level with street. Roof deck is not handicapped accessible.
- Founding Date: 1/6/1990
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Diner's Club, MasterCard, Paypal, Visa
- Food & dining options: Gluten-free, Natural, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out, Web orders
- Menu link: www.rattlesnakebar.com/Menu_Winter_2009.html
- Specialties: "North and South American cuisine, but with New England ingredients"
- ATM: Yes
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: "It's an eclectic crowd. There are international tourists, savvy local businesses, the universities — everything coming through contributes to the mix."
- Signature dishes: Wild Boar, Petit Tenderloin of Beef (stuffed with lobster, black truffle and goat cheese), Poe Burger (with lobster, foie gras, black truffle, kobe beef, bacon, avocado, and Irish porter cheese)
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: "Grilled avocado, stuffed with lobster, black pepper, and lavender creme fraiche."
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Brian Poe
- Number of tables: 43
- Features: Brunch, Catering, Dancing, Dinner, Group-friendly, Lunch, Private Parties, View
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Elegant, Fun, Late-night, Romantic
- Dress code: Casual