George Levine opened the first Ross Cleaners in Brookline in 1959. A family business, his sons Peter and Carl eventually took responsibility and when they expanded to Back Bay in the year 2000, this Newbury location became Peter's store. Maybe it's the candid family photos on the wall or the full-sized Chuck Close self-portrait leaning unostentatiously against a table, but stepping inside Ross Cleaners feels like being transported suddenly to a small town where every business is just an extension of somebody's personality. Reliable friendly service is what it's all about.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 7am - 7pm; Fri, 7am - 6pm; Sat, 9am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1959
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Services: Alterations, Dry cleaning, Ironing, Leather cleaning, Washing
- Features: Delivery, Pick-up
- Number of washing machines: 3 (not self-service)
- What's your customer service philosophy?: "With a small, family-owned business, the owner is always on site, so we have a direct relationship with our customers and we make sure we get it right every time."