Society of Arts and Crafts
The Society of Arts and Crafts is the country's oldest non-profit arts and crafts organization. Its work tends to focus on handmade items usually made of wood, glass or ceramics. There is a "retail" gallery on the first floor (items available for sale) and an exhibition gallery on the second floor.
There are four exhibitions scheduled throughout the year, although not all focused specifically on arts and crafts. The retail gallery hosts the work of more than 300 artists and includes scarves, earrings, ceramics, bowls, gift items and exhibition-related artwork. In-store discounts are given to those who join the Society as members. Additionally, the Society hosts an off-site Crafts Boston festival each December, featuring the work of many contemporary craft artists.
- Fax: 617-266-5654
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 10am - 6pm; Sun, noon - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Founding Date: 1897
- Ticket information: Free admission
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Is there a particular focus for this gallery?: Arts and crafts made of wood, glass, ceramics, metal and fiber
- Art specialties: Multimedia, Painting, Prints, Sculpture