Stel's, begun by three Bostonians to promote their own, vaguely defined aesthetic, seeks to "reflect today's youthful urban culture" and caters to folks who simply want "something cool to wear." The store achieves this, in part, by bringing to Boston a number of "smaller, underground labels" from New York and Japan. The clothes are muted, with an emphasis on denim, long sleeves, leggings and understated accessories, including an impressive selection of belts.
The store is simple and minimally decorated, with huge comfortable sofas and a titanic mirror. The atmosphere is extremely low-pressure. Stel's also offers free shipping and encourages commerce on its website.
- Fax: 617-262-3368
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 11am - 7pm; Sun, noon - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: No
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Clothing for men and women, including shoes, belts, slacks, turtlenecks, knits, denim, wallet-chains and accessories
- Services: Gift certificates, Shipping
- Return policy: Return unused items in original condition, with tags intact and with the receipt, within 10 days of purchase for store credit.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Clothing and accessories brands: Favorites include Nom De Guerre, Robert Gueller, APC, Rachel Comey, Suno, Alexander Wang, LD Tuttle and Grenson.
- Original design / hand-made?: No
- Part of a chain: No
- Number of changing rooms: 2